Ever experienced that feeling of emptiness? Not the typical type of emptiness, but the blogger’s emptiness? What do I mean by that? Well, sorry to make it sound too complicated. I just wanted it to sound all cool. That’s all. LOL!
I’m talking about running out of ideas and things to write about. It’s a typical challenge newbie bloggers go through. It only becomes a problem if you don’t do anything about it. Don’t worry! I’m here to help! I’ll be sharing with you the different ways to get ideas for blog posts.
It doesn’t take a lot of time to get a light bulb on top of your head. It just takes a few minutes… sometimes even seconds. As long as you’re a dedicated blogger, this is cheesecake for you. There are tons of different ways to get ideas for blog posts. You don’t need to overwhelm yourself and do every single method to get new ideas. All you have to do is choose one method that you like the most and stick to it. If you want to do every single method, then go for it! Heck, more ideas for you!
- Read Books – Reading is without a doubt the strongest and most abundant place to learn new things and get new ideas. Make it a habit to be a reader. Read at least 10 pages a day. Reading won’t just give you ideas, but it will also help you improve your grammar. When I started blogging 7 months ago, my grammar really sucked; but when I started reading, my grammar drastically improved.
- Read other people’s blog posts and comment – This method is very effective. Doing this, you’ll get to make new friends with other bloggers around the world. It gives you ideas and traffic. Yes, traffic! So make use of this method.
- Television – Surprised? T.V. is usually considered as a time-waster. When you watch some tv shows or movies at least once or twice a week, you’ll get awesome ideas of different types.
- Journals – It would be nice to have a personal journal to record everything that you go through and everything that happened in your day. your personal events is a great story to share to others.
- Listen to videos and audios – Audios and videos are so powerful at relaying messages. Make use of it. Listen to audios and videos of leaders and respected people. Have a notebook and list down all those ideas that strike you the most. One way I get amazing ideas for blog posts is by listening to the Empower Network’s Inner Circle. It’s a bunch of audios done by the leaders in the internet/network marketing industry. It’s a library of downloadable audios and is updated weekly.
- Social Media - Another goldmine full of ideas. People share content, make status updates and interact. It’s a great place full of stuff to write about. I get ideas just by reading the quotes people share. Be on social media and tryusing a facebook fan page and comment on other fan pages. You’ll see how effective this is. You can generate leads, traffic and yes… ideas.
- News - People are interested in what is going on around them. The news is a great place to get ideas. You can watch the news on tv, newspaper, magazines, etc.
Let me ask you: What are your ways to get new ideas for blog posts? We would love to hear your methods so please share them.
Subscribe To Our Blog & Get First Dibs!
Subscribe to this blog & get notified when a new blog post is published and be one of the first to check it out!
Enter your name and preferred email address below.